Frequently Asked Questions

Why haven’t I received my ticket yet?

Your e-tickets will have been sent to the email address provided on the Eventbrite ticketing system. Check your junk folder if it has not appeared. Log on to the EventBrite website and resend your ticket(s) if you still can’t find them.

Print out your scannable PDF e-Ticket and bring it to box office along with valid photo ID.

How do I change the name / details on a ticket?

By creating / logging into your Eventbrite account you change the details of your ticket.  This is especially useful if you sell your ticket and need to change the name and email address of the owner.  It’s also useful if you need to print your ticket and can’t find the original email or you want to upgrade your ticket (i.e add camping).

1)  Go to the Eventbrite website.
2)  Log into or create an account using the email address you used to buy the ticket.
3)  Select Tickets from the drop down menu below your name.
4)  Click on Manage Order beside the appropriate event.
5)  Click Edit for the ticket you wish to alter and fill in the new details.
6)  Tick the Send confirmation email to new attendee box if you want a new ticket by email.
7)  Click on the green Save button to register the new details.

There is also a green PRINT TICKETS button which allows you to download them.

PLEASE NOTE:  Only the buyer has admin control over tickets.  When the ticket was purchased the person whose credit card was used had to enter an email address at the top of the page.  Admin privileges are restricted the Eventbrite account linked to that email address.  You must get the original buyer to create / log into their Eventbrite account to edit ticket details.

Can I add camping to my Psychedelic Forest ticket?

This is a new function but we think we have set it up correctly:
1)  Go to the EventBrite website.
2)  Log into or create an account using the email address you used to buy the ticket.
3)  Click on Tickets.
4)  Click on Manage Order for the appropriate event.
5)  Click on Transfer for the ticket you wish to upgrade.
6)  The transfer link is next to edit on the RHS, if the link is missing then the ticket was probably bought by someone else and that person will need to do the upgrade.
7) Click on Change Ticket.
7)  Select the type of ticket you would like to change to and click Continue.
8)  Check the additional fee and click Continue Transfer.
9)  Re-enter your details and make the additional card payment.
10)  Your new ticket will be emailed out to you.

Please note:  There is a £2 fee to change a ticket.  You may downgrade your ticket but will not receive any refund of the price difference and will still have to pay the £2 fee.

When does the festival site open & close?

One-Night Psychedelic Events:  If you are camping the car park and campsite open at 4pm on Saturday (£8 in advance, £10 on site).  Please do not arrive before that, you will directed off site until 4pm on Saturday.  The event starts at 7pm and ends at 4am.  Box office opens at 4pm and shuts at 11pm, please collect your wristband between these times or you will not be allowed into the event.  The campsite shuts at 2pm on Sunday and Environmental Deposits must be reclaimed before that or they will be forfeit.

The car parks and live-in field shuts at 10pm, no vehicles will be allowed onto site after it gets dark.  The box office shuts at 11pm.

Kelburn Garden Party:  The site opens at 2pm on Friday for people who have full weekend tickets.    The Kelburn Garden Party officially starts at 7pm on Friday when the main area and stages open. Doors open at 10am for people with Sunday tickets.   The festival closes at 3am on Monday morning, and the campsite closes at 2pm on Monday.

The car parks and live-in field shuts at dusk, no vehicles will be allowed onto site after it gets dark.  The box office shuts at 11pm.

Am I allowed to bring alcohol to Kelburn?

Licensing laws are now very strict but you are allowed to bring a reasonable amount of alcohol to Kelburn but you are only allowed to drink it in the campsite and live-in vehicle field.  To clarify, only alcohol purchased from the bar is allowed to be drunk in the event and security conduct searches to ensure this.

Where do I collect my wristband from?

Once you arrive at Kelburn you will need to swap your ticket for a security wristband in order to enter the festival site.  You can exchange your ticket for a wristband at the festival office which is in the Pavilion (building beside the campsite) for The Garden Party and in the small cafe beneath the square for the Psychedelic Forest events.  DO NOT BUY WRISTBANDS FROM ANYONE OUTSIDE THE BOX OFFICE.  We control the wristbands very carefully, always inspect at the entrance and our excellent security team know how to spot fake, re-used and invalidated wristbands.  If you are found with an inappropriate wristband it will be confiscated and you will have to buy a new full price ticket or leave the site.

Do I need photo ID?

If you look like you MIGHT be under 25 then yes.

Without acceptable photo ID we can’t let you into Psychedelic Forest events at all.  At Kelburn Garden Party we can let you in but have to issue you with a youth wristband which means you won’t be allowed to buy or consume alcohol.

At the end of 2013 the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 came into effect. It is very strict, we can be fined £20,000 for letting a 24 year old into a Psychedelic event or serving him or her alcohol at any event without acceptable ID if that person MAY be under 25. There are no exceptions, we must see one of the 6 forms of photo ID or we are not allowed to let you in / issue an adult wristband. Under the terms of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 there are various forms of identification which licensees or their staff can accept as proving your age. From 1st October 2013, acceptable ID is one of the following:

(i) A passport
(ii) A European Union photocard driving licence
(iii) A Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
(iv) A photographic identity card bearing the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram (Young Scot card)
(v) A national identity card issued by a European Union member state (other than the United Kingdom), Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, or
(vi) A Biometric Immigration Document.
No other form of ID such as birth certificate, credit card or student card is acceptable.

If you have lost or do not have one of these then consider a proof of age card:
Apart the premium passport service available in Glasgow we believe this is the quickest form of acceptable ID available.

You will still need to show photo ID to buy alcohol at the bar. However, we are allowed to let 16-17 years in without guardians so if you look like you might be under 25 and do not have appropriate ID you will be given a youth wristband.  You will also need ID if there is an issue with your ticket.

What is the environmental deposit?

In an effort to keep the campsite site nice and clean for everyone, and to discourage tent abandonment, we operate an Environmental Deposit (ED) scheme.  Everyone who has an overnight ticket must pay a £5 deposit when collecting their wristbands from box office. At the end of the event all you have to do to get your ED back is hand in a full rubbish sack or small bag of cigarette butts and show us that you have packed your tent away.  A member of the clear-up crew will then check and cut off your whole wristband (Psychedelic events) or just the recycling symbol on the tag (Garden Party) and return your ED.  After Psychedelic events ED’s may be collected between 9am and 2pm on Sunday.  At the end of Kelburn Garden Party EDs may be collected between 5pm and 9pm on Sunday OR between 9am and 1pm on Monday.  Any EDs which have not been claimed by 1pm are withheld as payment for afternoon use of the campsite.

IMPORTANT:  You must present your wristband still attached to your wrist in an undamaged state to reclaim your ED.

How much does it cost to park my car, caravan or van?

Kelburn Garden Party:  We know that many people need to drive to Kelburn but to encourage car sharing and use of public transport we charge a car parking fee.  Regular cars which are smaller than 2x5m cost £6 in advance.  Larger vehicles which are greater than 2x5m cost £9 in advance.  Parking is £10 and £15 respectively if not bought in advance.   Live-In Vehicles and Caravans must buy a plot ticket which cost from £15 in advance.  Please car share, please give lifts, please use public transport.

Psychedelic Forest events:  Car and van parking costs £4 in advance.  Live-In vehicles and camper vans cost £8 in advance.  Please note that people staying in a camper van or live-in vehicle will each need a “with camping” event ticket to be allowed to stay overnight plus a live-in vehicle plot ticket.

What are current terms & conditions?

To run the large events that Kelburn puts on safely and with consideration for our neighbours there have to be some rules which you are agreeing to when you attend.  Kelburn Production reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any point.  To see the current T&Cs please click here.

Where is lost property kept?

During events lost property can be handed in to the box office, festival office or reception.  Immediately after the event, if you are not on site, please email box office to enquire about lost items.  From the Wednesday afterwards it is given the Kelburn Country Centre reception, you can call them on 01475 568 685.

    • Buy Garden Party tickets Viewpoint Sessions Info
    • Follow us on Facebook

    • Join Our Mailing List

      * = required field
    • Get Involved

      Want to volunteer at the Garden Party? Get in touch

    • Recent News

    • Garden Party Sounds