Kelburn Arts is proud to deliver The Kelburn Garden Party and other events in the incredible environs of Kelburn Castle and Country Centre. We strive to manage our operations with sound environmental policies at their core. We aim to inspire our audience, suppliers, performers, and crew to make a positive impact on climate change.
We are constantly working to lower our negative impact on the natural world, and endeavour to make a net positive contribution by:
• Actively measuring and monitoring environmental impacts of our events and day-to-day working
• Minimising our overall carbon footprint
• Reducing waste and managing disposal responsibly
• Reducing supply chain impacts of all types
• Identifying and implementing positive behaviour change opportunities
1. Festival Planning
Each member of the core planning and creative team and is expected to follow this guidance.
All staff must:
• Avoid unnecessary travel for planning meetings (where possible)
• Work towards making Kelburn Arts a paper-free office
• Source ethical and local products and suppliers (where possible)
Kelburn Arts sets minimum standards and targets for continuous improvement across all events:
• Monitoring and measuring impacts
• Food concessions minimum standards
• Providing reasonably priced mass transit options (coaches) and promote opportunities for attendees to come by Public and Active Transport options
• Single-use plastics ban across all events, where viable less carbon intensive alternatives are available
• Waste Management & recycling policy with an aim to recycle 100% of festival waste.
• Tent recycling opportunity
• Combining freight where possible to reduce supply chain impact
• Environmental deposit scheme which encourages audience to minimise waste
We recognise that reducing environmental impact is a continuous process. Kelburn Arts is working to implement a tree-planting programme at the Kelburn Garden Party which will see several thousand trees planted across the Estate and in other key locations in Scotland.
This Environmental Policy will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Management Team.