Joint Kelburn / Doune / MugStock Joint Intern Program
MugStock, Doune the Rabbit Hole and Kelburn are teaming up again to run a joint intern program. We are looking for 3-5 enthusiastic, motivated and reliable people to receive part-time training, mentorship and work experience over a 5-6 month period this summer. The roles would suit someone who is looking for real festival and event management experience. There will be hands on, visitor facing and administration elements. You will be working closely with our management team shadowing and assisting them and will really see how independent festivals are run whilst hopefully having a fun and informative time.
The goal is for participants to receive training at the Kelburn Garden Party, Doune the Rabbit Hole and MugStock. Then take on key roles at the Psychedelic Forest Carnival. Successful candidates who perform well will be given a job title, real event experience and responsibilities, plus the kind of reference which we know employers are looking for because it’s what we look for. We endeavour to keep positions accessible to all and fair. The roles will demand a high level of commitment but should be a rewarding and unique experience.
The positions are unpaid but there is a budget for expenses. You’d also get the opportunity to significantly contribute to some of Scotland’s best small festivals and obviously be invited to the after parties.
- Volunteer co-ordination
- Box office
- Event administration and logistics
- Artist liaison and check-in
As with all freelance events work the hours are relatively short and flexible except around the events which are as follows:
- March – June:
Occasional part time admin and preparation work
- 26 June – 3 July: Kelburn Garden party at Kelburn Castle near Largs
General responsibilities within the operations team
- 11 – 17 July: Doune the Rabbit Hole at Cardross Estate, Port of Monteith
Increased responsibility and opportunity for duty management*
- 24 – 31 July: MugStock at Mugdock Country Park near Milngavie
Assigned to line manager with specific duties as his / her assistant
- 14-16 September: Psychedelic Forest Carnival at Kelburn Castle
Ideally participants will duty manage specific elements of the event*
* We cannot guarantee this will happen as it depends on the performance of participants but it is the primary objective of the program. The participants will run significant elements of the event with only oversight from the management team as a precaution. Real responsibility and trust with a safety net.
If you are interested please email a page CV and short covering note to: email@example.com
Deadline: There is currently no official deadline, we deal with applications as they arrive and there are limited spaces so early application is advised.